View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 10:17 AM   #9
Meat Head

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosenfe View Post
i have found great diy info,but i find i get anxious about the durability and longevity of my o3 s after reading the posts here.i realize that these posts reflect problems and that often we don't post how reliable and durable our cars are .
When I purchased my Boxster and became a member of this forum I had the same reaction ! I was seriously wondering if my purchase was a huge mistake ! However, after doing a little more research and digging I found out that the Porsche Boxster is actually a fairly reliable car. Yes, it has its issues that need to be watched but overal if you keep them maintained they are not any worse than most sports cars.

The main issue with Porsche's in general is the cost of maintenance. If you are not a DIY type of person it can get quite expensive.

Keep this in mind. People are not going to post "My car is running normal today" or "My water pump performed to perfection today". A large number of posts are people looking for answers to their problems or just to vent their frustrations. That is what these forums are founded on. Due to this, it may seem that the Boxster has nothing but problems lol. Check out other sports car forums, (BMW Z3, Mazda RX7) they all have their issues.

Enjoy your Porsche! Use this forum to gain knowledge but don't dwell on the possibility that something bad is going to happen. In my opinion, The 986 Porsche is one of the best bang for your buck sports cars of our time!!!

Meat Head is offline   Reply With Quote