View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #1
Xcellr8

Question Nokia vs Haes Amp for 98 - what is diff and more help?

Acquired a 98 that I'm trying to figure out the radio. The car has been resprayed so option label is gone, so is owner's manual. The head unit has been removed (by a butcher who apparently never heard of Crutchfield or Metra) and replaced with an aftermarket unit that doesn't sound good. It appears that from the factory, this car had an amp and disc changer (lots of wires/connectors in the frunk), but they have been removed.

I'm trying to put it back to factory (except CD changer), but don't know which amp to get. Nokia 4x40, or Haes 4x40? Which amp was used for which application? Or are the interchangable?

Actually, don't know which head unit to get either. Was leaning towards CDR220 because they seem plentiful and thus a good buy. Will that head unit work with one or both amps? Or should I focus on a different head unit?

Since the terminal cable ends have been butchered, is it possible to get the factory cable? Or is it so entwined with other factory wire harnesses that it can't be separated?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe
Xcellr8 is offline   Reply With Quote