View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #5
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimer View Post
2 words: Ab So Lute Ly Not

The funny thing is that if you did nothing but visit track days and autocross events where ever one was being held, from Watkins Glen to Laguna Seca, the car that is without a doubt the one you are most likely to see raced at everyone of those events is the little Miata.

The NA/NB Miatas are by far the best combination of nimble, light weight, inexepnsive, with a responsive throttle, just enough power to learn how to drive for real without so much power that a newbie ends up in the trees, and insanely inexpensive to upgrade for best performance. The engine is near bullet proof and makes a terrific sound. The gear box is perfectly suited for constant shifting.

I should have had my head examined for selling my triple black Miata with BBS RK wheels. You will never learn more about high performance driving without spending so little. Given that most Porsches only see the odd burn out in the Starbucks parking lot because the driver was distracted by his pannini falling to the floorboard, it's really the most backward car culture thing I can think of.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote