View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #4
woodsman

L:QUOTE=trimer;356169]Going to pick up my boxster this afternoon. IMS, AOS, Oil Filler tube, Throw Out bearing, fresh oil and filter and shake down run - $2500.

on the flip side I just picked up my 07 daily driver Honda Accord. Had to resurface front rotors, new brake pads, alignment, oil change and filter, rotate and balance tires. Shake down run as well. $240

Wouldnt it be great if ouor P cars were that cheap to work on!

Update on the IMS - said the old one looked good, no obvious signs of any issues. Glad I had it done. Now I just hope it gets all put back together and has no issues. Sounds strange but I hate to have things fixed on my car...there is always that chance that the mechanic got sidelined and forgot something...maybe didnt tighten something all the way, didnt put a seal in properly, etc etc. I am always checking under my cars after an oil change for sure. I think I will be a wreck for a week or so until I know everything is all good. Sad thing is - I trust this shop with my car 150%...human factors though...[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear it all went well! The mech. forgot to tighten ALL the bolts on my clutch/IMS job and I had to redo the job myself! If all was done right, I think you got EXCELLENT value. The 'book' says something like 8-10 hrs. for the clutch and prob. 2 for the brake work. Be at peace Trimer.
Oh, I forgot-- he BENT MY VALVES doing the IMS RR!!!:troll:

Last edited by woodsman; 08-08-2013 at 01:24 PM.
woodsman is offline   Reply With Quote