View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 05:06 PM   #14
Perfectlap

Any product that requires you to wear gloves...I'm not so sure about. A basic polish doesn't need a dying filler. I would suggest simply using Klasse All in One. Or Werkstatt Prime. Or if you are really in a rush and absolutely must detail the car today, 3M polish from Autozone or Pep Boys.

I have personally used all of these on a black car and leave the paint as clean as you can get it by hand. However with the 3M you'll have to use step 2 and 3 since its a more budget type product split up into stages to reduce cost. A decent sealant as a follow up, like Griot's (sold at Autozone), should fill in all of the etching that refracts light as swirls in sunlight or under street lights. But its only a temporary solution like this Turtle Wax product. The swirls will return when the filler has dissipitated with rain and heat. To really cure neglect you'll need to get out the Porter Cable or Flex polisher and spend a solid hour moving very slowly to grind down the clear coat to one depth all around.

also, if you want to keep a black car swirl free, don't use autostore microfiber towels. Those are nothing more than rebranded janitorial towels used to clean linoleum floors -- hence the prickly hooks, total overkill for a well maintained Porsche. If you must touch the paint to remove polish and sealants, get a quality towel from autogeek.net or Pakshack. For regular maintenace like quick detailing and quick waxing, use a long nap towel like the Griot's blue and green towels (no hooked ends).
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 08-06-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote