View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
trimer
jakesbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstar View Post
Mountainman, I agree that knowledge is power and frankly, can't see how it would hurt if we could find out who the OEM supplier is to Porsche for waterpumps. As to your problem with the IMSB, it is unfortunate that your diagnosis refers only to 'metal in the oil filter'. However, if all he did was remove your filter and drain the oil, how did you end up with 3 hours of labour???? You might wish to advise him that unless you receive a written diagnosis confirming what you were originally advised, that you will be consulting a lawyer (as again, draining the oil wouldn't be 1 hour of labour, let alone 3). That, or moving directly to a letter from a lawyer may get him to do the right thing....

You might also wish to speak to the dealership, as they should try to cooperate in view of the size of the bill - ie., its no loss for them if Porsche pays a portion of the replacement cost. If it was not the IMS, then they should be able to tell you what is was, should they not?

Brad
I agree - as I read this I am thinking...did the dealer even look to diagnose the problem or did the dealer just take mountainmans word for it. Metal in the filter is not always an IMSB issue and 3 hours of labor to pull a filter? that takes oh about 3 minutes from lift time to looking at filter.

Did the P Dealer look into your motor and diagnose it or just say - this guy wants a new motor so give it to him?

I feel terrible you are out that money. The P Dealer should be able to tell you WHY the were replacing the motor though...
2003 996 Twin Turbo X50, PCCB, polar silver / 2004 996 Carerra Cabriolet, midnight blue, cinnamon leather, IMS Pro / 2003 Artic Silver Boxster - Short Throw Shift, IMS Upgrade, Carerra Light Wheels, De-Snorked with Evoms Cold Air Intake, GHL Exhaust (Sold) / 2002 Seal Grey Boxster - Fabspeed Exhaust, Black powder coated wheels, Porsche stripes (Sold) / 2 -1957 356 A Speedsters (signal red and seal grey) (Sold) / 1989 944 Turbo (m030 S options)
trimer is offline   Reply With Quote