View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #1
KevinH1990

Wrinkles in Top Fabric

I installed an OEM glass-window top from an 04 Boxster on my 2000. I've been gradually adjusting it for several weeks and I have it just about sorted out.

My last issue is the wrinkles in the top behind the windows. My plastic window top had the same problem, as do most of the Boxsters I've seen with a top that is more than a few years old.

Has anyone been able to address this condition? It seems like the material just stretches over time. Maybe there is some way to tighten the fabric.

Overall, I'm very happy with the upgrade. The top seems to have quite a bit of life left and the glass window and headliner make the car feel like it has a higher build quality. I had considered buying an aftermarket glass-window top since I would have had brand new material. However, even if I have to replace the fabric in 4 or 5 years, I think the larger window, easier engine access, and headliner are significant benefits of the OEM configuration when compared to an aftermarket product.

Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote