View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
AKnowles

Hmm, another bad MAF?

For just a bit of history, I let my wife drive my car while I was out on training. It poped a cell. P1351 code. Camshaft Adjustment Bank 1. I cleared the code and drove it for a coupld of days with no return code. Then one I drove off to dinner and the car stuttered (seemed to lose power/spark, etc.) for just about 1 second then was back on full bore. Right after dinner, I went to start the car and it would not start. Would turn the engine, fire quickly, but just after it hit the 1000 RPM mark would drop back to 0. I had a tow. When I got home, it started fine.

I managed to connect my PST2 to it today. P1351 and P0102 codes. Cleared the codes. Fired it up. Ran the camshaft actuator test and both made a noticable difference in idle. Both appeare to have the same characteristics. Checked the cam shaft deviation. Same as always (since I got the car) 0 on bank 1 and -6 on bank 2.

Still have a P0102 code. If I clear it, it comes back. The Hot Film MAF setting provided a voltage of 1.01 to 1.03. Seems low from my searchs. Question is, bad MAF and just replace it? Or shoot for other issues?

I've considered the possibility it could be a bad Crank Positioning Sensor as a lot of MY99 seem to have this issue and characteristic stutter and hot start issue. Considered a bad fuel pump and clogged fuel filter. But all of this occured before I pulled the codes. Now that I have pulled the codes I wonder if I should just start with a MAF replacement or cleaning?

Thanks for any insight you can offer ...