View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 11:44 AM   #15
BYprodriver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan9eleven View Post
Thanks for the responses everyone! Some new questions:

There was a mention of the serpentine belt, whats the normal life for one? Also, spark plugs were replaced twice during the first years as far as I can see in the service book, again what is the normal replacement interval for these?

Sounds like the AOS is a no-brainer with the transmission out. The engine is staying in the car, its just a tranny drop planned. Motor mount is probably a must-do anyway. Water pump sounds like a good item to change too. Any remarks on the oil pump shaft I've read about or the oil pump itself?

Are the pilot bearing/throwout bearing the same thing, and isn't this normally addressed during a clutch replacement?

Finally, any thoughts about sump baffles and other plastic parts in the sump causing issues?
The sump baffle has 2 rubber "trap doors" insure they are still sealing the passages as designed & inspect the fragile posts they hang from. If a post is broken you will need to replace the whole baffle. I have a few good used baffles for sale if you need it.
Oil pumps rarely have problems unless anything other than oil passes thru it. Same for the oil pump drive shaft. Definitely upgrade to the LN billet shaft when convenient, but that requires removing the waterpump/oilpump/engine mount/coolant manifold housing so I wouldn't bother now.

You can see the rubber doors to the left of the baffle in the pic below

BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote