Thread: New Or Used
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 02:50 PM   #31
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzi
The Miata and the Boxster share the fact that they both have four wheels, two seats, and a rag top. That's about the end of the similarity...
Hi,

The same can be said of the Boxster vs the 550 Spyder. The Boxster is Uni-Body, Longer, Wider, much Heavier, 6-cyl, FI, Hydraulic Clutch, AC, Power Top really no comparison at all.

' A throwback to the 550' - a Romantic Creation of the Marketing Dept. designed to boost sales by riding on the Coattails of a Legend.

I have an acquaintance who owns a Real 550 Spyder - #47, which I have driven. It is so much more responsive and provides so much more feedback. When I drove home in my Boxster, I couldn't shake the feeling that I was in some Fat, Overweight, Gentleman's Cruiser. That's how much the 550 betters it in performance, not speed to be sure, but overall feel, it's the winner hands down.

'Course, I don't have a cool $250K burning a hole in my pockets, so I turned up the Stereo, turned on the AC, adjusted my Seat Back and like Stephen Stills remarked... "Love the One You're With!"...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote