View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 04:51 AM   #19
recycledsixtie
recycledsixtie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmunk View Post
Well I have just ordered mine from Wrightune here in the UK. The car goes in for fitting on the 13th Aug. I'll let you know how it goes.
What you can expect! The test button/light is one that goes on the dash is similar to the convert. top switch. The oil plug that incorporates the metal sensor replaces the standard oil drain plug. After mine was fitted I had a small leak coming through the sensor so I put the old plug back in and sent back the sensor and they sent me a new one. Keep an eye out for oil leaks after it has been installed. When doing an oil change look up in the instructions what you should do because the oil plug/pigtail does not accommodate a normal socket for tightening it up. If you don't do the oil change yourself then let your indy/Porsche shop know you have the Guardian installed. There are instructions in the Guardian manual about manually(with a regular wrench - don't overtighten) doing it as opposed to a special torque wrench attachment. I feel that you will have a sense of relief after having had it installed. To me it is well worth it. I am not a poster boy for the Guardian but for me it does spell relief! Let us know what you think after you have driven it a couple of weeks with it installed. I have no regrets at having the my indy shop do the work. They are not cheap but what they do they do well.
Cheers G
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote