View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 11:07 PM   #5
haz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mump View Post
yes it is a DIY. One clamp is difficult to get to but other than that - take out, put in.
Thanks again

By the way.. Pelican tech-articles is awesome!! So many user inputs combined with the staff answering makes it a great reference site.

Just read this guys tory (although I LOL'ED at the way he wrote Subaru )

Eric Comments:

Pelican Parts is awesome! I had what appeared to be an AOS fail, but the mechanic insisted that it was an IMS fail and that the engine of my 2002 Boxster S was destroyed. I spent about five weeks looking into the options: scrapping the car, selling it to someone with an engine, finding a salvage Boxster and doing the swap myself, and even putting in a Suburu engine. Finally, I brought the car home while I waited for a good salvage engine to come on the market. Once home I decided to check out the OAS just in case the mechanic had made a mistake. Thanks to this article I was able to quickly determine that in fact it was the OAS that had failed! I took the car to another local Porsche garage and they confirmed that it was the OAS.

Thanks Wayne!

March 15, 2013
Followup from the Pelican Staff: WOW, awesome story. Thanks for sharing and glad it worked out for you. - Nick at Pelican Parts
haz is offline   Reply With Quote