Thread: New Or Used
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 07:23 AM   #22
MNBoxster

Hi,

As I've always said - The Boxster is the Most Miata for the Money! That's not a Slight or a Bad Thing because the Miata set the Standard and Led the 2nd Generation 2-Seat, Drop-Top Revolution waay back in 1989. It was the Japanese Engineers' closest imitation of the Lotus Elan (they actually purchased 3 Lotus Elans and Reverse Engineered them resulting in the Miata, right down to Weight Distribution, Turning Radius and the Twin-Cam Engine, while adding many Modern Advances as well). The Lotus Elan has long been considered by most Automotive Engineers to be the Pinnacle in Suspension Design and Handling. I owned a '69SE and have yet to find ANY Car which handles better (except maybe a Seven), even the Boxster.

I am not at all surprised by the Mix New/Used displayed here. I suspect those Buying New are either well-enough Heeled to pay for the Dealer to maintain their Cars, are under Warranty (New and Extended) or are actually driving Lease Cars and so do not consider their ownership long-term. Used Buyers, on the other hand are not so well Heeled, have longer Term Ownership Plans and wish to perform much of their own work as doing this puts the Car within their reach. Consequently, these Used Owners tend to participate in Forums like these to learn and help flatten that Learning Curve. I suspect that with Greater Participation, we'll see the number favor Used Cars even more...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote