View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 05:37 AM   #9
Mcbeee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledsixtie View Post
Welcome McBee from slightly north of you. I congratulate you on your purchase of a Boxster S. I have a 2001 Boxster base and have yet to make a drive yet to Cal/Ariz yet. You sound like you know what you are looking for with a background of BMW's and not rushing in to buy the first Box you looked at. What made you switch to the Boxster after all those years of owning a BMW? How many kms on your Boxster S?
I wanted the handling and although my 35i Z4 was a monster it just didn't handle like the nimble little sports car it should be. My second choice was a Z3 M Roadster but to find one in excellent condition is like finding the Holy Grail, damned near impossible.
I also learned a lot trying to keep up to the Z3's in my 35i Z4 when we were doing the twisty's in California, and when I had my second Z3 I did a few twisty's in Az and New Mex. (Check out the Coronado Trail on Google maps ...Western NewMex...) The Z3/Z4 was always compared to and usually considered 2nd place to the Boxster in handling so I had to check it out.

81000kms on the Boxster.
Mcbeee is offline   Reply With Quote