View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 04:13 AM   #12
southernstar

Sorry for the delay Bryan, but just got back from my trip. The link for the luggage is:

Porsche Boxster Cayman 4pc Custom Fitted Luggage Bags | eBay

I also purchased some Chinese knock-off Porsche crests (look exactly like the originals) to have sewn on and some Porsche seatbelt pads for the shoulder straps. My wife and I had plenty of space for 11 days plus space in the rear trunk below the oil/coolant caps for her camera bag.

Apart from the weather (it rained all but two days) the trip was terrific. I put on 5000 km (3100 miles) that were fun and totally trouble-free. The Cabot trail was amazing in the Box - although a bit scarey for the last half when we had a torrential downpour - no room for errors there! On Thursday we left Cape Breton for Maine, stayed Thursday nite in Bangor and then spent Friday and Saturday nites in Boston. Good sports car territory from the New Brunswick/Maine border to Bangor as well. As to the traffic into Boston.... we arrived Friday at 4:00 pm (I know, rush hour) but with the bridge construction it was insane!

Stayed at a great hotel by the market in Boston - the Harbourside Inn. A terrific location but also a superb and stylish renovation at an extremely low price ($159.00 nightly for a city view room). I highly recommend it for anyone staying in Boston.

Anyway, due for an oil change!

Brad

Last edited by southernstar; 07-29-2013 at 04:48 AM. Reason: sp
southernstar is offline   Reply With Quote