View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 03:51 PM   #6
Brad Roberts

No worries!!

The majority of our highways are 65-70 MPH. In most stock Boxster's with stock size tires, this means 2800-3000 is 65-75mph.

As you speed up and slow down between 2800-3000 it kicks in and out. Unless you set the cruise control at 3100. *most* drivers are pedaling the car between 2800-3000 rpm constantly loading and unloading the chain from the IMSB and passenger side cams.

Each and every failure, I speak with the owner and ask them about their driving habits. I don't say anything about what I think, I ask them about their commute to work and weekend habits.

What "I've" found.. the people who haul ass with little to no traffic have a lot less problems than those who "cruise" the legal speed limit and sit in a lot of traffic every morning and evening while commuting.

We have disassembled a LOT of failed engines, and built a LOT of engines. Some are raced, some are in commuter cars.

It's just my opinion If others choose not to believe it? so be it. No loss on my part. I know how I drive them, and I know what I say to my customers about their driving habits.
We have worked with amateur and professional drivers for over 26 years. In house machinist, In house fabrication. Our cars, our parts, our engines, our transmission's run nationwide at events every weekend. We work side by side with industry names developing parts.
Brad Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote