View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 10:36 AM   #15
pothole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Roberts View Post
Arse load?

I said I run upwards of -3.6 on the 255's depending on the driver!! That is pretty close to arse load!!

Choosing camber has many factors.

1. Tire construction
2. Tire size
3. Suspension design
4. Use of the car
5. Driver talent (or lack thereof)

I start with the above before moving into tire temps and setting camber per track, per corner of the car.

Brad, old thing, you have to appreciate people working at a different pay grade from your fine self regards car prep. There is ZERO chance of me changing geo settings to suit whatever tyres I happen to have fitted, for instance.

For me it's pretty simple. I'll be lowering the car and I want to dial out as much understeer for as little money as possible. I want to get as much camber on the front as I can and as little as possible on the rear. To a degree the fine details don't matter because I won't be able to achieve the ideal settings anyway, so like I said it's just a question of getting as far as I can in a certain direction.

I'll be lucky if a can get even as much as 2 degrees on the front, so there's no debate as to whether going for more makes sense. It won't be an option unless I spend a tonne of cash I don't have.