View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 02:02 PM   #7
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by xclusivecar
I have the TC button on my 2000S, but this last snowfall I turned it off by pressing the button and I still got the little orange flashing triangle warning on the dash and the very rapid clicking sound of the ABS was heard often, especially as the tail end started to come around. (I was in an open parking lot). Does this mean the TC (anti-slip) was turned off but the stability control to keep me from spinning in a circle was on? I didn't think my MY on down had stability control...
Hi,

The 2000MY does not have Stability Control. The Traction Control actually consists of two subsystems which operate separately as well as in unision, depending upon conditions. These are - ABD (Automatic Brake Differentiial) and ASR (Anti-Slip Regulation).

ABD imitates an LSD (Limited Slip Differential) by pulsing the Brake Caliper on the Slipping Wheel to allow it to gain Traction. ASR overides some of the Engine Management by altering Fuel Injector Cycles and Retarding the Engine Timing in order to reduce Engine Torque.

You can turn OFF the Traction Control which then lights the TC OFF Warning light on both the Dash and the Switch and does disable the ASR. But, the ABD continues to function up to Vehicle speeds of approx. 63MPH, so this is most likely what you're seeing. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 01-23-2006 at 07:25 PM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote