View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 09:47 AM   #14
natecooper

"I think it's ironic that people will Bash and Malign a Boxster with Tiptronic S as not being a True Sports Car, degrading what a True Porsche is all about, all the while singing the praises of some Hyped-Up Truck on Steroids, simply because it has a Porsche Emblem.

For me at least, I think such folly demonstrates a certain degree of ignorance, but that's just me..."

IMO it's two different beasts. I don't see either having anything to do with Porsche, rather having to do with sports cars and SUV's. Wether or not anyone likes or dislikes the Cayenne and/or the fact that Porsche makes it, it is still by all standards an SUV (though I'm sure SUV fanatics would argue otherwise). The Cayenne Turbo S is an SUV with rockets on the back. Is it a sports car? No. But I am half suprised there isn't a Dodge emblem with the Hemi logo on the side. Where as the Boxster is a sports car in it's purest form. Apples and Oranges.

That being said, my opinion has changed on Tiptronic in the Boxster. Where as I still don't like it for myself; if that's what others prefer, more power to them.

Last edited by natecooper; 01-23-2006 at 09:56 AM.
natecooper is offline   Reply With Quote