View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 05:39 AM   #3
deliriousga

True that with the perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
That said, no Book or Manual is Perfect.
So true.

Quote:
But, it's not all-encompassing. There are many procedures which are not detailed such as Oil Separator replacement, Engine Compartment Cooling Fan, Soft Top replacement, or even the size of the Wiper Blades to name just a few. Also, the exploded views aren't included in every procedure and invariably will be missing from the one you're doing.
I did look up the oil separator when I first got it to see if I missed anything when I did it, but as you said it wasn't in there. That would be one of the other lacking points I forgot about.

Quote:
If used in conjunction with a PET CD, you're in really good shape, add the Factory Manuals and you're really good to go - only other thing you'd need is a PST2!
I agree PET is a necessity. Especially since Porsche changes part numbers when they update them or fix a previous problem. I would imagine they don't list part numbers in the manual because of this and also because it covers so many model years, though it would be a very handy addition.

A PST2 would be great, but how much is that thing? I thought they were in the $10K range. Do you know somewhere to get one for a reasonable price? That sure would be nice to have around. Then the Boxster would never have to see a mechanic.

One thing I left out as a plus was the socket sizes are called out in many of the procedures (though not all). That's very handy when you're going to be on your back underneath and can't take the whole set with you.
1986 Daughter White/Brown Top (Sold!)
1992 Daughter White/Blonde Top
deliriousga is offline   Reply With Quote