View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
samrwalt

More speaker upgrade questions

Just recently got a new Pioneer DEH-8400BT head unit and want to go ahead and complete my audio project. There seems to be a lot of creative options for the boxster that I've looked at. I want high quality low hitting bass.

So here's the plan:
1. Upgrade the 4" and 1" dash speakers with a set from Powerbass and have the oem 4x40w amp running to them.

2.Upgrade the door speakers (this is where it gets sticky). I'm contemplating on whether to replace the door speakers with a coaxial set or some cheap 8" subs.

(2A) If I run the coaxials then they will run off the oem amp and I want to install a 6.5" subwoofer, with it's own amp, in the center console like shown here:
http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/28813-fresh-take-subwoofer-locations.html

(2B) If I run the 8" subs then they will be powered by an aftermarket amp and I will install rear coaxials powered by the oem amps remaining 2 channels.

All in all I want to know which option will give me the best bass? Decent 8" subwoofers in the doors with moderate power, or one 6.5" at full power.
I plan on using the JL 6w3v3-4 unless there is a better option for low frequency bass.

Let's here your great ideas!
Thanks in advanced
samrwalt is offline   Reply With Quote