View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #10
Brad Roberts

The *real* issue is:

The canister does not have enough time to drain the oil back into the engine. Porsche proved this when they released the 996 3.6 AOS (people mistakenly call it the Motorsports AOS) The ONLY difference between it and the stock AOS? The capacity. It holds more oil and gives the oil more time to drain back into the block before being sucked back up into the actual diaphragm.

I have seen a LOT of failed attempts and FAILED engines with people trying to "outsmart" the OE system. Yes, failed engines.

Few people realize you *need* to pull a vacuum on the engine. The AOS does this. I cannot keep track of how many I have seen completely blocked off, or a "puke" can put into place. Many people don't understand that the OIL needs to go back INTO the engine not just to a puke tank that keeps overflowing!!

The 2.5 engines have a LOT less issues than the 2.7/3.2/3.4/3.6/3.8. The little 2.5 only spins 6400 whereas the larger engines all spin 7200+ This RPM difference plays a big factor into the air being displaced on the back side of the pistons.

I have thought long and hard about this, I have a prototype system, that does use a LARGE catch can, but I'm pulling a vacuum on it like the stock system. I'm also using a diaphragm that is identical to the Porsche diaphragm, but $42 to replace (and it takes 10min. to replace)

If I **thought** their was a huge issue.. I'd make them, but right now, I don't see selling more than 8-10 of them over a 6month period.

I'll save it for my customers.
We have worked with amateur and professional drivers for over 26 years. In house machinist, In house fabrication. Our cars, our parts, our engines, our transmission's run nationwide at events every weekend. We work side by side with industry names developing parts.
Brad Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote