View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 03:13 PM   #31
stateofidleness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian c View Post
In all honesty , it would be the first thing I'd check !!!

That dash light should only be OFF when the hood is either up or down .
from the time it is unlatched at the front all the way to its fully down position , and viceversa it should be lit .
Finally got around to this today.. got the gauge cluster off and... SURE ENOUGH!! the bulbs for the 3 right-most items was gone. I think I had removed these a while back during a "blue light" conversion on the gauges. So.. I put bulbs in the two that appeared to be related to the top (the furthest right and the one directly next to it to the left).

Put the key in.. convertible top light is ON! played with the button a few times, got the top all the way open again and remained holding the button to see if it would turn off, nope. Holding it long enough eventually resulted in "clicks" on the driver's side transmission area.

Well I had one of these delivered today as well and am in the middle of the swap. I'm at the point where I have the new one in, but the V-lever is in a different spot than my original was. I guess this is the "syncing" I see a lot of DIY's reference. I'm not understanding the drill approach. I put my drill on the cable end of the new transmission, give it a few presses, but I don't see the V-lever side move at all. Is that supposed to happen?

What is the other option to get the V-levers lined up? disconnect the passenger side (original and working) and then use the car's switch to make it rotate? Do I keep the incorrect V-lever side cable connected or disconnected during this?
stateofidleness is offline   Reply With Quote