View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 10:09 AM   #17
mountainman

Garage
That is exactly my point. If The dealer is likely to be selling any one of a half dozen different brands how do I know I'm not getting some Chinese knockoff. Everyone jumps to price when I am trying to find a reliable manufacturer that will last 3 or 4 years so I don't have to go to the trouble of changing it again in a few months. If I knew which manufacturers Porsche uses for their factory builds then I feel like I am getting the best part I can. I don't want to replace an unreliable part because the labor on these cars is not a small thing. If I buy a pump from the dealer and It goes bad and they replace the part I am still going to have to do the labor again. Doesn't it make sense to be sure that the dealer is selling you a factory recommended part instead of something you can buy on ebay for half what the dealer charges. Forget the price, I am interested in getting the best possible part and I see no reason why I shouldn't know that it was made in a reliable factory somewhere in Germany rather than a sweatshop in Taiwan. After all, I am paying the high price for it and doing the labor, so I am entitled to know where it came from. After all we all have our favorite brand of tirea, or oil or filters, etc that we are partial to, why just go to a dealer and say give me a water pump like if he sells it it has to be the best. No one I know goes in to a tire store and says put on any tire you want to because it will automatically be the best because you sold it to me.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote