View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #14
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
I withdraw the question. I can't believe that no one else considers this a reasonable question, and that no one seems to know the answer or even care. The thought seems to be that as long as a dealer sells it for $300 to $400 it's the best there is regardless of the manufacturer, but beware of everyone else. Just like saying my doctor says I need brain surgery and that's all I need to know, don't ask any other questions. I have seen doctors, lawyers, car dealers and people in all other walks of life that are dumb as a box of rocks and I see no reason not to get all the information I can before I make decisions.
First of all, Porsche uses more than one supplier. Secondly, for the most part, these OEM pumps are often hard to find in the aftermarket (read at retail level). Thirdly, a lot of aftermarket vendors, Pelican included, state their parts are OEM when they clearly are not. So your probability of finding the correct manufacturer's unit at a better price than you can get from a Porsche dealer like Sunset are small to none; an exercise in futility..........