View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 10:56 AM   #13
dbansal

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledsixtie View Post
Qualms? Yes yes yes. As the above says PPI PPI PPI . You need receipts for work done. I would prefer buying privately as more likely to get service history. Reading everything you can about Buying a Boxster on this forum. Mike Focke has good reading material about buying a used Boxster...Don't fall in love with the first one you see.
I had gotten a ppi (pre purchase inspection) done by a private mechanic. Mechanic said it was fine. My over all experience was good.. Make sure you haggle on price and small details... I got the dealer to go down from $17,995 to $14,450 + nearly $1,500 in taxes and fees, and that included getting some small cosmetic work done.

What will kill you is the doc fees and taxes. Going private you can avoid those.

Also, the car fax on my car had a ton of service history on it, so I was pretty comfortable..

I got my car from Jack Daniels in NJ. (There are a couple of problems on the car (keys, and HIDs flicker sometimes when starting up)). So if they fix those, I'll give them a thumbs up otherwise you will see me maligning them quite extensively.
dbansal is offline   Reply With Quote