View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
SoK

Car troubles, all my coolant drained out this weekend. Any advice?

Took the car to the lake this weekend and as I was driving home in the 90 degree heat, the coolant temp guage started to climb a little higher than normal. I figured it was normal since it was hot out and i had the ac cranked, so I ignored it.

About 3 miles from home at a stop light, the red light started blinking. The light turned right away and i made it all the way home without stopping again and the movement of the car did turn off the high temp light. Parked it in the garage and came out a few minutes later and saw a puddle of green coolant behind the rear passenger side tire.

I haven't had a chance yet to jack the car up and see if i can find where it came from, but would you guys have some likely culprits it could be, or some good things to at least check off the list before i have it towed to Porsche?

I'd prefer to do this myself versus paying their $120/hour labor rate just to change a busted radiator hose.

Thanks for any advice and recommendations!