View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #39
papasmurf

I guess the boxster being a classic is dependent

on what your definition of "classic" is. I would not expect it to ever approach the return levels of some of the early air cooled cars but at some point once enough of them have been wrecked, junked, and pimped out to no return, the values will stabilize and begin to climb again. I think clean 944 values have bottomed out to some degree and they may even be slightly on the rise in some areas so a "poor man's" porsche is nothing to be scoffed at....look not further than the humble 914 to see evidence of this. Classic to me is a car that is relatively rare (and porsches are rarer than the majority of other makes regardless) to see on the roads today in presentable condition...not necessarily that it is exotic or a massive investment/return or that it was rare when it was in production. The 240z quickly comes to mind as you used to see a ratty one on just about every street corner and now it is only a few times a year I ever see one. The boxster will likely some day follow the same course, but it will take some time.
papasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote