View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 02:12 PM   #36
pothole

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
Take away drivetrain and handling performance and what is one left with? What else makes a sports car? Body style? Interior? All are slightly better than average, IMO.
I'm not trying to put down our cars, I'm just saying that I don't thinks its exactly memorable in the long run.

I drive my girlfriends Mustang GT every once in a while and give her crap about it. It handles like a cargo ship, lmao!
Your mistake is to measure these things simplistically. There's more to a drivetrain / powertrain than performance.

Boxster engines are well, well above average for things like engine note, smoothness, linearity, response.

The feel and balance of the chassis, brakes and steering are likewise well above average - they're in a territory an 'average' car like a Mustang simply cannot comprehend.

In fact they're in a territory few cars at any price can beat. And that's what makes a Boxster so special and so memorable.

With respect, the bottom line is that you couldn't be more wrong. The Boxster is an absolute stand out sports car. As an overall package taking everything in account (it's even very practical with two decent storage compartments), it's a truly exceptional car, an all time great.

It is, in short, miles better than the average sports car.