View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
BoxsterSteve
still plays with cars...

Garage
This is a super easy fix. Got my repair kit from Sunset parts. No instructions included, but not really needed. I Googled for Oddment tray cover repair. Porsche put out a pdf file outlining the repair steps.
The whole job took me under 30 minutes, including cleaning up afterward and reassembly.
No, you don't need to remove the console from the car, just the carpeting from the rear bulkhead to insert the backing brackets for the rivets to grab into.
The new hinge itself is the drilling template. You'll need a 4mm drill bit. Got mine at Lowe's. Drill 2 holes, pop rivet the hinge to the console. There are even tabs there to keep everything perfectly lined up.
Disassemble your console lid to pull the hinge pin and attach it to the hinge you just riveted to the console. Re-attach the armrest cover and you're done.
Arctic Silver on Metropol Blue | LN Dual Row IMSR | Arctic Silver console, spoiler frame & bumperettes | Crios mod | Technobrace | RoboTop module & modified convertible top relay for one-touch roof operation
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote