View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 02:51 PM   #27
stateofidleness

wow that's crazy! well I knew he sounded high on the price (which is why I passed on it), but sheesh!!

Was looking to replace as it was a cheaper/easier fix than the transmission stuff under the clamshell. Going through process of elimination with all the parts of the system...

I STILL have not managed to get the convertible top light to come on no matter what. I guess my next step is to crack open that driver's side top transmission and see if something isn't right. I managed to break the little clips on the courtesy light above the rearview mirror when taking apart that latch assembly.. ugh...

I did confirm I have the "B version" setup though. Is it dumb to just purchase a new/used left transmission and swap it out? I've run out of things to check.

EDIT: I tried to look at that switch without taking the two little gold "clips" off, but never saw a part number on it?? I can't tell if I need the -99 one or the 00+ one (i have a '00 though).
EDIT 2: Also, that is corrosion on each end of the two strips. I scraped it off and cleaned both real well. Checked continuity of each strip with a multimeter and reinstalled, but didn't seem to help at all.
Attached Images

Last edited by stateofidleness; 07-13-2013 at 02:55 PM.
stateofidleness is offline   Reply With Quote