View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #4
truegearhead

Full story

Step 1) Four weeks ago the car died, dead battery. Replaced the battery and the car wouldn't run (misfire cyl 1-3)

Step 2)I changed out all the plugs and o2 sensors. No difference

Step 3)Took it to the shop and they said it was a bad air/oil separator and collapsed oil fill tube. They replaced it and the car ran.

Step 4)While in the shop the variocam switch failed on bank 1. They were too expensive so I took it to another Porsche shop.

Step 5) This week I got the car back, still won't rev. Looked online and it sounded like I needed to reset the ecu. So I disconnected the battery. Now the car won't run again, it runs just like it before I took it to the shop the first time.

Step 6) Shops are now closed so I ran the codes. Mis-fire on all cylinders(code for each), code for all 4 02 sensors (odd since they're new), and a electric throttle relay code (which is also odd since I have a cable throttle on my 97).

Step 7) In an effort to diagnose the MAF I disconnected it and and the car won't start at all, I tried cleaning it, no difference. When driving the car the engine light is now on, it stays on for a minute then starts flashing and the car dies (I had to get it home).

Any ideas?

Last edited by truegearhead; 07-12-2013 at 01:04 PM.
truegearhead is offline   Reply With Quote