View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 07:33 AM   #13
yellowboxsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
fit is lazer perfect. Durability is light years better than fiberglass if you drive your car often, particularly on crappy roads. Fiberglass does not like to be repaired once broken. I would only use it on sideskirts unless the car is a garage queen, then maybe you can explore front and rear fiberglass bumpers. Otherwise go with polyurethane, there are some aftermarket options with this materials but not many.
I'm about to have my GT3 bumper repainted for the fourth time and virtually every single time I had it painted it took only a few months before l hear "crrrash" on a steeper than anticipated driveway, high manhole cover in a construction zone or random crap on the highway I ran over. But the K turns into a drive way are the single biggest culprit. Do yourself a favor and drive around the block.
Thanks mate, as per your very reasons, I'm trying to avoid fibreglass and stick to polyurethane. However, as you cannot alter polyurethane bumpers, they therefore need to be made to extremely high standards in terms of fitment since you can't simply add filler or file things down to shape.

Has anyone here had a polyurethane front bumper or kit installed on their boxster and is damn happy with the fitment and presentation? If so, please chime in and advise where you got yours from?

Thanks guys
yellowboxsters is offline   Reply With Quote