View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 06:43 PM   #10
AKnowles

JD, I can think of two things of major importance for you for whatever HU you look at:

1st: Bluetooth. Don't buy anything without it. It's a simple as that. Not only can it provide a hands free kit, even if you decide not to use it, but it can provide connectivity to your phone for audio playback.

2nd: Signal to noise ratio. Particulalry for FM sensitivity. CD as well. Assuming you like to listen to the radio or a CD/DVD.

I have tweaked my system with a Kenwood 9980HD DD HU, but mostly because I want/demand a Garmin GPS. I can update the maps almost forever. There are things you can do to them that no others support. Plus the sensitivy it very good. But most importantly I can play Pandora on it without a subscription, without any commericals, and have an unlimited data plan so it doesn't cost me anything more to have the channel/music I want when I want it.

It also worked fine with the stok amplifier and speakers. I have since repalced both, but still have my door subwoofers to install. That just needs to wait until it cools down again.