View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #5
thom4782

JD:

I don't have a specific recommendation. I've wrestled, however, with this issue myself. So here are some things to consider even though your looking for a basic head unit. Do you want a single or double DIN head unit? Whatever the choice, does the unit look like it belongs in a Boxster or is it all glitter and flash? Is there an adapter available that allows one to easily connect the new head unit into the cars existing system without cutting and splicing wires? Does the new head unit itself put out a quality signal so that downstream there is the possibility of decent sound? Will the new head unit allow one to upgrade the system should you decide to do that later?

I'll watch this thread closely looking for guidance. I did upgrade my system years ago and my head unit is the weak link. It looks great in the car, but the FM/AM output stinks. And it's pre-iPod vintage.

BTW: I use my iPhone $ instead of my iPod. If you have an IPhone 5, keep in mind it has a different output port than the 4.
thom4782 is offline   Reply With Quote