View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #20
Hayden

So, I actually went to the Porsche dealership (since I bought the car from them, and wanted to minimize the chances of someone tearing/breaking/scratching/denting anything) and their best tech happened to be walking by as I told the sales guys my long story. He was an older fellow that looked like he had been working on Porsches since I was born. They said he's the best there. Anyways, he takes an interest in what I'm saying, then goes and gets out all his fancy pry bars and whatnot. Wasn't able to budge the damn thing any better than I could.

Obviously frustrated, he grabs the keys from me and pulls it around to the bays, and comes back and throws me the keys without much of a word. "How'd you fix it?" His reply: "Sawzall" without turning around. The sales people were like, 'he's just kidding', and I was thinking, 'no he isn't.' Sure enough. He took the route I was planning and went through the $8 bolt. I think it could be done pretty easily with a hacksaw, in case anyone in the future is reading this, and is in a pinch.

So where are we now with this particular car? I got a top that manually goes up and down, but to my surprise, the convertible light is still on. I thought once the top latch was secured, the "system" wouldn't care anymore.

I'll update this once I figure out what the real cause is. I will say, not being able to put your top up in the Texas heat is agonizing. Rain started to move in today, and it came down to business. Got a sweet tan out of the ordeal though!
Hayden is offline   Reply With Quote