View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 07:06 AM   #2
paulv

I'm not a pro, and I hope a pro can chime in here and help you. My knowledge of these systems (relatively the same for other vehicles) is that all CAN-bus controllers have software in them that needs to be downloaded into a new controller that's being replaced. Since 2000-02 uses DME 7.2, your 2002 DME controller would most likely work but would need to be programmed to mate up with the rest of the controllers on the CANbus. The other controllers you have (key fob, immobilizer) would also have to go thru this reprogramming if they are replacing their existing counterparts.

The dealer found that CANbus error because there are controllers on the network that are not properly mapped. The A/C doesn't work because the A/C controller has to talk to the DME as A/C puts a load on the engine and the DME has to consider this in its load calculations -- this communication is not happening (think of it as being similar to a computer network with IP addresses).

A dealer or indy can fix all this for you but it's all labor and will cost a lot.

Sorry I can't offer you any solutions.

Regards,
paul...
paulv is offline   Reply With Quote