View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 12:26 AM   #7
edc
550 Anniversary

Garage
What works best for you really depends on your driving style and the types of roads. Lots of negative camber is great but you really need to be leaning on the car a lot in the corners to make the most of it otherwise for the most part it is unfavourable. The Boxster has a tendency to understeer so if you want to reverse this dynamic then you would want more negative camber at the front than the rear. The problem is you will be highly unlikely to achieve this with the standard parts and range of adjustments. The problem is exacerbated when you lower the car. There is another thread on here somewhere where there is discussion about my car having the front top mount slots drilled togain more adjustment.

As for weight in the car, you should try it and see the results live. There is a lot more change than you might otherwise think. My car is typically set up with ballast for a full tank and 65kg in driver seat. For me this is how the car would be if driving particularly fast.
Sold: 986S - Zenith Blue - 18" Sport Classics - Black Zunsport grilles - Stainless silencer and manifolds - K&N panel - shortshift - M030 suspension - 75mm throttle body - custom 83mm intake - SmartTop - custom remap - MDS underdrive pulley
edc is offline   Reply With Quote