View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #14
WhipE350
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavor 987S View Post
Makes sense. Always complicates a deal when trying to trade. The benefit being the sales tax and convenience (tire kickers, scammers, and the "will the check clear?")

Hindseight being 20/20 and all this mental gymnastics, maybe you should have bought the new Cayman and kept the 986? One drop-top, with one mid-engine coupe. Giddy up! Comments?
With the 986 they would really low balled and it wasn't worth the bother. I actually forgot I was going to trade the 987 and since I had got it at cost from my Son I knew exactly how much I wanted for it and they said OK. That meant the taxes would be $800 less on the 981. It turns out in the end I sold it to a really cool guy that just loves the car and got the extra amount in the sale to make up for the extra tax.

I will say though you are SO right about the hassle of making sure I'm not being scammed and then the time away from work to go to the bank.

So ya my original plan was to order a 981 Cayman and keep the 986 for my convertible. I really realized that I like mountain and road trips with the top down and with the 986 manual transmission and a bad left hip I simple wouldn't be making long trips. Trips to the golf course are short enough and add to the Sunday pleasure so I still enjoy the car. The new Boxster 981 is basically as quiet as the new Cayman and so I felt I got the best of both worlds. Wasn't until the last minute I figured this all out and pulled the trigger on the new Boxster.

Anyway enough babbling on. Cheers.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote