View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 08:21 PM   #1
WhipE350
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Boxster 'S' prices and availability

Granted since I got my 981 I haven't been hanging out as much here and I haven't researched Boxster prices much like I used to but I was thinking of selling my 2000 'S' so checked out what is for sale on Cars. com. I specifically chose the year 2000 and mileage under 70k and under 60k. To my surprise in my area there are very few and the prices haven't dropped. I widened the search to the whole country and quite a few came up but again less then I thought would. Some of the lower mileage ones have asking prices of over $20k!! Holy cow really? Doubtful they will get that but it was surprising they were even asking it.

The only ones under $15k really weren't ones I would go near without doing a thorough PPI myself on a lift...and even then they would take some work to clean them up like mine and others i see on this forum.

I'm assuming the prices are inflated and no one really gets what they are asking for them, but still a nice one should get a good price. When I look at my car and all the work done to it to make it almost bullet proof it might be worth something after all to the right buyer.

Of course we all have our on view on what makes a car nice and a good buy, but being a clean and mechanically sound and maintained freak I would be very surprised to find a gem for a low price...at least around these parts.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote