View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #666
reiver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb92563 View Post
I got 4 new Hankooks installed. 255/40-17, 215/50-17

Yes, you can fit all 4 new tires in the car to take to the shop.

a front and rear on the passenger seat, a rear in the frunk with the spare removed, and a front in the trunk with the trunk hanging open a bit.

Compared to the old Pilot Sports I already notice an increase in traction but it takes 200-300 mi to properly break them in apparently so it will get even better.
Mine came with Hankooks, but I noticed that the fronts wear FAST. I have Pilot Super Sports on my BMW and those have been VERY nice. They tend to grip well before suddenly breaking loose in the rear cornering, but that could just be the characteristics of the car as I'm getting used to her. After getting stock Bridgestones all the time (350Z, BMW 3-series, etc), I love popping on the Michelin tires. I've never had the normal Pilot Sports, just the PS2 and PSS. The Super Sports grip like crazy. My Nitto 555s gripped real good (275 width) on my Z, but it was totaled (not my fault) 25% into the tread and I didn't get to the point of 50% tread where many tires begin to loose their grip to see if it affected the Nitto 555s or not.
reiver is offline   Reply With Quote