View Single Post
Old 01-20-2006, 07:13 AM   #10
MNBoxster

Hi,

My experience has been that people's vocal opposition to the Tiptronic S is inversely proportional to their experience with one. Even if you have driven one, it has several Adaptive Modes, if you just get in one and go, you'll never know how good it is unless it's adapted to your style. Add to this, that some feel emasculated by someone else driving a Tip S...??

If this is the case, I suggest you see a Doctor, because the plain truth is that your D*ck isn't shrinking because of what I drive, better seek the cause elsewhere.

I bought my Boxster used with a Tiptronic for several reasons:

First, I own 3 other Enthusiast Cars all of which are Manuals. My Daily Driver is a Manual. I haven't owned or regularly driven an Automatic for over 25 years - I was thrashing my way around the Track and the Twisties when many of you were still trying to negotiate your Big Wheels around the Patio Furniture. After that length of time, Rowing becomes a Monotonous Chore, not the thrilling Phallic Extension it once was - until you've reached this point, you will have no idea what I'm talking about, but you will...

Secondly, I got an Absolutely Pristine example for under $5k the going rate, mostly because it was a Tip S. I didn't need another Toy, but this deal was simply too good to pass up and I have always been intrigued by the Boxster - 17k mi., 18" Turbo Twists, Full Leather, Sport Exhaust, Das Shild (F/R), CD Player, Full Windstop, Halon Extinguisher w/ BK Mount, New Pirelli P-Zeros, Full Bra incl. Mirrors, Silverstone Cover, Guards Red/ Savannah Beige (My personal Favorite), 2 yr. Extended Warranty without a single Scratch or Blemish, Total and excellent Service Records, Glowing PPI, and all for $17k. back in March of '05.

Third, I love my Wife. Since Marrying, she has always been totally supportive of my Hobby. She's come along to countless Auto-X, Track, and Show days and has sat quietly on the sidelines and I wanted to get her involved. After 8 years of owning my Lotus Esprit, I finally was able to urge her to drive it. I pulled over in the Parking Lane, swapped seats. She put the Car in gear, drove 100', pulled over and said "That was nice..." She can drive a stick, but simply doesn't like it. Buying a Tip S has allowed her to take the Car and she really gets her foot in it. It is 'Our' Car, and that makes me Happy.

50% of ALL Boxster production is Tip S. They experience fewer RMS failures, require less Maintenance and give away EXTREMELY little, if you actually know how to drive one. I Auto-X mine regularly and am in the Top 5% at least in the Standings. Don't confuse Skillful Driving with being able to consistently find the Gate.. you'll miss most of the experience if you do.

I Auto-X and Track regularly, yet even with all this, it's hard to put 150 mi./yr. on the Car in that Mode. I just don't see paying the premium in Purchase Price and Maintenance costs of owning a Manual to derive such a small advantage. But then, my Phallic Confidence isn't reliant on it either.

As stated, get over yourself and stop telling everyone else what to drive...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 01-20-2006 at 07:32 AM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote