Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #1
hancock1701

Hi everyone,

I just recently bought a 2001 manual Boxster from my brother-in-law. I have been lurking on this forum for the past few weeks since I got the car, now I think it's time to post something. The car has 124k miles, the interior is a little worn on the trim pieces (I guess this is typical?), but the exterior is in excellent condition. The car has a few codes (p1128, p1130, p1119, p0410, p1411), which I think are not unusual from what I have read. Since I got the car, I have done the following:
  • cleaned the MAF sensor
  • replaced the AOS (found plenty of oil in the intake while cleaning the throttle body, and saw smoke at startup)
  • installed a new Pioneer headunit (now I can enjoy Bluetooth streaming from my phone)
There're some (annoying) things that I have noticed and read from the forum:
  • blinking oil indicator at startup
  • fuel gauge only goes to 7/8
  • loud clunk or thud while shifting at low speeds
  • 3000 rpm vibration

My repair plans:
  • 120k maintanance (spark plugs replacement for now)
  • tackle the CEL codes, probably the secondary air injection system first
  • motor mount replacement??
  • HID projector retrofit

I found an after market motor mount bushing, and was wondering if anybody has any experience with these?

The Boxster (and Porsche overall) is new to me, so I still have much to learn and read from the forum. Sorry for the long post, here're some pics. By the way, I tried the Armorall Custom Shield (clear) on my front bumper, but it's not clear, so I took it off, as you can see in the pics. Also, my previous car was a 1999 Honda Prelude, really loved it and still love it whenever I see one.

Thank you for reading!

Last edited by hancock1701; 07-05-2013 at 05:52 PM.
hancock1701 is offline   Reply With Quote