View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
thom4782

I had a similar problem with my driver side light. I would turn on the light and the low beam would blink off after a period of time. I generally associated this with going over a bump, but it seemed to happen at other times. If I switched the lights off and back on, the driver's side low beam would light back up and stay on for short to long periods of time. It seemed random

Eventually, I found I had a loose connection at the point where the headlamp unit plugged into the electrical socket on the tower. I stumbled across the solution for me by removing the headlight unit, pushing the socket downward in the tower to seat it, spraying both the plug and socket with electrical contact cleaner and then carefully pushing the headlight unit back into the car. So far, the lights have worked for 6 months without the driver's side low beam blinking off.

My guess is that you have an electrical continuity problem. It could be where the headlight plugs into the tower like mine. Or, it could be a loose bulb socket. Or it could be in the wiring that was modified, if at all, when the aftermarket lights were put in.
thom4782 is offline   Reply With Quote