View Single Post
Old 01-19-2006, 06:06 PM   #15
natecooper

Tough call, but the good news is it's a win-win situation, cause either way you have a Porsche. Cost wise the 911 will be more expensive over the long run for sure. If you are willing to make a good finanical decision, considering the milage difference, you should force yourself to do 1 year less of financing for the 911 vs. Boxster (if you are doing a standard 60 month, force yourself to do 48 month on the 911 if you ). If you can't afford to do that, than you really can't afford a 911.

A 911 is a 911, and there is a lot of heritage there. However, I have a feeling in 30 years I'm gonna be glad I stuck with a Boxster, because forever a 986 will be the "Original" Boxster. No one can deny that the 986 is the main reason Porsche didn't get bought out like every other car company (hell now they even own part of VW!); bringing Porsche back from a sad early 90's. The 986 was and is the begining of Porsches first new legacy since the 911 was introduced over 40 years ago.

Either way you will love it and like Randal said, what did you expect us to say? Ha!