View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #11
coolbreeze551

After much pain installing it was running fine and the voltages were much better and no more dipping at idle.... That being said after examining my belt and determining that it looked to be in good shape was only about 2 years old I should be able to use it still. Put the belt on, closed everything up and it started just fine albeit a little squealy at first but soon went away... A day later, while sitting at a red light on a busy street during rush hour, heard a terrible sounding engine noise, squeaking and shaking of the car so I shut it off immediately.

Long story short and after some investigating I found that the alternator provided appears to have a pulley that is too long (It looked a little longer before my install but auto parts store I purchased it at assured me it was the correct one after asking them several times) and by being too long it causes the belt to slip slightly off the next wheel (other wheel attached to the alternator) which in turn causes the wheel after that to be not aligned properly with the belt making the belt run along the edge of the wheel which eventually worn out about 1/3 of the belt. I will post some pictures to give you guys an idea of what I am talking about.
coolbreeze551 is offline   Reply With Quote