View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
Johnny Danger

Garage
Dangermobile - IMSB Retro-fit Complete !

I picked up the D-mobile this afternoon with a clean bill of health ! The IMSB retro-fit went as smooth as one could hope for. However, much to my surprise, the bearing did show some signs of play, to include a very perceptible degree of graininess and overall roughness when spun. According to the tech, the bearing was at stage 1, bordering two stage 2, in terms of wear. In any event, I'm glad that I had the procedure done , for both mechanical reasons as well as a piece of mind. I cant' say enough positive things about Musante Motorsports. Over the years I've dealt with several highly regarded independent Porsche facilities in the Massachusetts area, but Musante stands head and shoulders above them all. Chris Musante and his staff are truly a world class operation !
Incidentally, while the D-mobile was there, they performed an alignment, along with a thorough corner balancing unlike anything I've ever experienced. My vehicle was transformed ! Also, my thanks to Jake Raby and LN Engineering. As much as we debate and grapple over the issue of IMS failure, without their expertise and dedication to the Porsche community, there would be no solution to this problem. Alright enough with the happy talk - me and Chaz are going dancing tonight !
Attached Images