View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #4
cjpearson1

I am definitely somewhat mechanically inclined. I have changed the plugs in that car myself twice (which is no small feat), changed the brake pads, etc but I've never messed with exhaust. Most of that cost is the performance exhaust system itself. It sells for about $4200 on Fabspeed's site but they are giving it to me for $3900. The rest is shop fees/labor. It's a very good shop that does great work for cheap. They have bailed me out of jams when things went up in the past quickly & as economically as possible, so I'm not worried that they are screwing me on the price of the exhaust system or the installation. But like you said... the car is almost 10 years old and has 98k miles on it and I've already had to replace the water pump, & headlight switch (neither were cheap) and now the catalytic converters & the whirring sound (which is most likely a pulley wheel/bearing or belt). I also can't get the back trunk to open now and my driver's seat cushion has been collapsing & killing my back for well over a year now... and I am a small guy. When I bought the car in January 2010, it only had 30k miles on it and was like new. I just have driven it every day since then and put 68k miles on it and things are wearing out. I park it in a garage at work and at home, so it's still very pretty inside & out... just trying to decide if it's mechanically worth putting more $$ into with the miles/years on it. Not sure how long those 2.7 engines usually last when well maintained.
cjpearson1 is offline   Reply With Quote