View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 10:19 PM   #1
FormulaReed

Cheep ebay coilovers

I get the feeling that I will be flamed for this one, but I have been thinking about getting some of the $700 coilovers on ebay. I know that chances are, they are made in china crap but I am broke and the shocks on my car are really, really bad, like dangerous bad.

I had planed on getting the m030 kit, but my car money has gone into an IMS bearing, AOS and a water tank. All failed, or were caught failing in the first year or so of owning the car. This has left my car reliable and great running, but awful to drive. At this point, I prefer the road handling of my wife's pos civic.

So now I am at a point where I need to put shocks in the car. The m030 kit is $1,100 + shipping. Four Bilstein shocks are around 1,000. The cheapest replacement shocks that I have been able to find are the $700 coilovers.

Has any one gone down this path and is willing to admit it? I should just save another $400-500 and get something better, but as my car sits, it's not enjoyable at all and I am curious if any one has given the ebay coilovers a shot.

Thanks in advance,

Reed
FormulaReed is offline   Reply With Quote