View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #1
coolbreeze551

Can't get new alternator in?!

I took on the alternator project after reading and watching videos on the subject, looked like a job I could undertake. I kept reading that the bushing can be a real b!tch to get loose when trying to get the old alternator out. Much to my surprise it was a cinch to get out and with not nearly as much wiggling as I thought would be needed from what I had read/watched...

Now I am putting the new one in and have the wires reconnected and placed it back in but it will not line up with the hole or "cradle" that holds the idler pulley bolt. Has anyone else had an issue with this? I have tried searching and I keep coming across people that had a big problem with getting it out but getting it back in was a breeze for them. Quite the opposite for me it seems so I am looking to the forum to help me with this issue. I was thinking about using the long idler pulley bolt to "pry" the alternator in the direction I need but I don't want to bent the bolt. I also noticed the bushing on the new alternator stick out a little and coule be getting caught when trying to slide it into place?...

Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated. I know that this isn't that hard of a job it just takes some patience and some good soap afterwards. TIA
coolbreeze551 is offline   Reply With Quote